Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long to clear out flood in flood clear mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long to clear out flood in flood clear mode?

Because this is fucking seriously pissing me off. Been trying for a half hour with breaks to get this fucking car started. I know i flooded by why the fuck is it so hard to clear out? Seriously.
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

take the spark plugs out. hit the starter for a second.

reinstall spark plugs.

also, push starting will work.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Fixed your sig
      if that helps
      See mine
      Below
      \/\/\/\/
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
      1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
      1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

O I thought the point of the sig was he was blown away by some tranny looking asian.

Anyways I pulled the fuel pump relay and spun it over a few times. Should I still pull the plugs? Its a v6.

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
          O I thought the point of the sig was he was blown away by some tranny looking asian.

Anyways I pulled the fuel pump relay and spun it over a few times. Should I still pull the plugs? Its a v6.
          In regards to the sig:
          Could be I just made him surprised by seeing a sexy bitch and a sexy e30 m3!
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
          1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
          1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post

is it starting?

yes - ok, you're fine. drive away.

no - pull the plugs.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Why such a dick?

ANyways it sat for 2.5 hours and still not starting. Guess Im pulling the plugs. I wish jlevie was here for his 2 cents.

Comment

not being a dick at all dude. you're the one asking for advice and then disregarding it...

how is the gas going to escape or evaporate if the chambers are sealed? pulling the plugs on most cars is pretty damn easy and takes 2 minutes. it makes sure that the chambers are excessively open and any excess gas in there will be forced out. its standard procedure on a flooded engine. taking the plugs out also lets the gas that is soaking the plugs a chance to evaporate.

i have a rotary. that means i have a good bit of experience with flooded motors. lol.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

lol you're right. Might as well do it. I know it works on lawn mowers.

Comment

It started this morning. I just let it sit. Its really old engine I don't know how sealed the chambers are anymore lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X