No announcement yet.

Yet another.. Central Locking Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok that actually makes good sense. I was wondering why my car was always unlocking everytime I locked it when I first installed the cheap keyless entry system. Everything wasn't tucked away back in its original place so it could have been upside down. but not its all tucked back in and nothing works anymore. I've replaced the cl computer with no success. I'll be trying to change actuators, another central locking computer, and even another lock if I have to. I want this thing to lock.
    world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

Comment

I need to revive this thread.

Today I replaced the CL module, along with the relay that sits next to it as well as my driver door actuator. Still, I have no results. Nothing is working still. I can't lock my driver door from the outside, and the Central Locking is still not working.

Once I replaced all the parts, I also tried to re-install the Omega REC Keyless Unit and that didn't work either.

I'm pissed, flabbergasted, hoodwinked and bamboozled. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I might be missing, or anybody in my area want to come take a look? I'll buy you a beer.
      '87 325i "Chewey" (RIP, my beloved)
      current:
      '01 e46 325iT "Dot" - #datwagonlife
      '87 e30 325i "Tui" - she has her mother's eyes

Comment

Seriously, need help bump
        current:

Comment

Are you sure you're getting power to your Central locking computer or to your actuators? I think that is my problem as well. Unless there is a relay or a fuse somewhere within the car's body that I can't see and might be blown. Have you tried using a test light? I am hoping to get this figured out this weekend.
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a power issue. I would start in the fuse box and check for power at the CL box.

Comment

Checked and replaced all possibly related fuses in fuse box, also replaced relay next to CL box. Trying to figure out if there a problem somewhere along the wiring path but I'm not really sure which route it follows and I can't exactly tear the car apart.

Where and how can I use a test light?
              current:

Comment

It could also be a grounding issue within the speaker hole or possibly some corrosion between the male and female pins that connect between the door and rest of the body? Damn it I'm ready to burn this car. I don't even drive it because I can't lock it.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X