Help with Double locked Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Double locked Door

So a few days ago i locked my car and for what ever reason i doubled locked it. I have my keys with me but it won't unlock and because it is double locked i can not even get the passenger door unlocked either i can however get into the trunk but it really serves no purpose as the car is a vert and the seats do not fold down. has anyone ran into an issue like this.

This is what I have had work. Spray WD-40 into the slot for the key. Let soak for a few mins, then try to unlock the door.

Comment

I tried that to no avail

Comment

Put the key in the passenger door lock, turn a little bit, pull up on door handle. Door should pop open and you can at least get into the car.
        (OO=[][]=OO) 1990 325i

Comment

This is basically where I am at, I have tried to get a towing company get into the car and they could not I have called both locksmiths here in Pullman and none of them will even work the car because it is a BMW. This is where it get really good, I called The BMW dealer in Spokane and they basically told me there is nothing they can do for me if i had the car towed there. So now I have the world’s largest paper weight sitting outside. Can anyone tell me if the car will start if it is double locked because I can’t help but think to put a brick through the window an taking it to a real town where people are actually capable of doing what they were trained to do.

Comment

Can you at least remove the double lock? Or is it completely frozen there.

You could always try to install a keyless entry in the trunk, and use that with the key to unlock.
            Or, you could always take out the trunks actuator, and have a buddy move that while you try to turn the key.

If those two fail? There's always the brick

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Name View Post
              This is basically where I am at, I have tried to get a towing company get into the car and they could not I have called both locksmiths here in Pullman and none of them will even work the car because it is a BMW. This is where it get really good, I called The BMW dealer in Spokane and they basically told me there is nothing they can do for me if i had the car towed there. So now I have the world’s largest paper weight sitting outside. Can anyone tell me if the car will start if it is double locked because I can’t help but think to put a brick through the window an taking it to a real town where people are actually capable of doing what they were trained to do.
              ok, I had this happen to me with my 325is. the drivers side is sticky so when I go to double lock (btw it's called dead bolt) I couldn't get my key to turn back to neutral. I stuck my key in again and just began to wiggle it back and forth hoping PRAYING it was let up and sure enough it did. The problem is it needs to be rebuilt. or the cylinder is very dry and needs "proper" lubrication to free it up. its the mech inside the lock cyl that sticks and it is a bitch to get out from the dead bolt feature if this happens. Hence your situation.

the suggestion made earlier about the passenger side partial opening might work as I have done that a good few times and did open at least the passenger side door. the door button will move a bit and although it may not appear to be unlocked it catches enough to open.

at least once it is open; you can get inside and with any luck remove the door panel and then have access to the lock; remove the retaining clip inside the panel and the lock cyl will be lose enough to remove from the outside. You might also consider un plugging the door lock actuator so that you can open and close the system without activating the drivers side door until it is repaired.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys for all your help, but I basically had to have a body shop break into the car Now I am just waiting to get a new door lock.

Comment

well that's good i suppose, fresh new lock. the locks start to stick from lack of lubrication. they're old.

wd-40/lithium grease, jiggling, and turning the lock so hard you think the key will break is usually the magic solution.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                  X