Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions

Hi
    There is a car I'm considering buying and I have a few questions before I make any offers.
    It's a 1987 325is 5-Speed with 212k miles. It has a clean Carfax. Some things that need replacing are:
    Rear Suspension Bushings
    oil pan gasket
    needs new guibo
    The asking price is $2000. I'd like to make him an offer but was wondering on what it may cost to get the forementioned things replaced. It appears to be owned by an enthusiast which is always nice.
    Also, any good places to look in regards to having a car shipped?
    Thanks
    Rob

none of those parts are expensive, but they aren't that easy to get to. the guibo is the easiest, you have to remove the exhaust and driveshaft. I haven't replace my oil pan gasket but I don't think it's terribly difficult. The hardest by far are the subframe bushings, I ended up making a tool to press them out, but you have to get the subframe off the car first. If you do any of this work you may as well go with urethane subframe and trailing arm bushings..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      Unfortunately, I would be paying my mechanic for the labor. I'm just looking for a rough estimate on installation (length of time for a BMW qualified mechanic) to replace these parts. Streetside parking doesn't make for the safest repair space.
      I just don't want to get the car for $xxxx and have to put another $1000 or so into it. Especially since it's got 212k miles and has been tracked.
      Anyone else?
      Rob

Comment

Working...
      X