Blown Head Gasket, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blown Head Gasket, right?

Okay, oil on top of valve cover, choppy idle, blue smoke, no power....Blow HG, right? Should have changed it eh? :oops:

Is your oil milky? I always thought the exhaust smoke was white or grey or something.

Comment

it depends on where your gasket blows, and if it breaks through an oil or water passage.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Run a compression check to varify. If one cylinder is 15-20psi lower in pressure the the other cylinders then most likely the gasket is bloww on that cylinder.
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Don't want to scare you, but it could also be the head itself.
          Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Yep that it could, If you do pull the head take it to a machine shop to be tested and resurfaced if needed.
            85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Just drove it to my shop, not messing with this job. It put out smoke for about a minute and ideled choppy for 2/10th's of a mile rouhgly then it was silky smooth it was in the power band. I was satisified. My hopes are high that it is something minor. As I am not finished with my new motor and I am not putting it in half ass. It will be bullet proof. Thankyou for all of your advice guys, as always it is highly appreciated. :D

Comment

Working...
              X