Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh oh... what just popped off my clutch pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh oh... what just popped off my clutch pedal?

Driving home last night when I feel a pop and something hit my foot. Look down to find this washer, this cone type bushing thing, oh also a big spring. Was looking at realoem to try and figure out what just popped off.

Crappy Cell Pic:

Can't really find it in the pedal diagram http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...35&fg=05&hl=34

Looks like maybe a compression spring and a bush bearing and a washer. Not really sure if I should be driving it like this but I gotta go to work right now. Drove it down the road and it seems fine right now.
    West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
    ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

It's the washer that couples your helper spring to the resting spot on the firewall. Truthfully, because the clutch system is under hydraulic pressure, this spring system really isn't required. I know numerous people who have simply removed it with no I'll effects whatsoever.

It mounts on the bottom of part #22, but it's not captured very well in that diagram. You will notice that depressing your clutch should feel easier.
    Last edited by KVF; 06-12-2011, 05:55 AM. Reason: Added part #

Comment

if that piece fell off, it usually means that the other brackets down there and your floor is probably full of rust holes. I drove one of my old crapper beaters for a whole winter without that with no problems.

Comment

late cars don't even have that big spring
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
        X