Any trick to take out ruel rails?b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any trick to take out ruel rails?b

I am trying to rake out fule injector and fuel rail but its not comeing out. I opened four 10mm bolt, took out clip that is on fuel injector and try to wiggle but its not coming out. I do not want to put too much presser and brake something.

Is there any trick?
    sigpicGLETSCHERBLAU METALLIC with leather INDIGO LEDER interior and blue top.

So have you already removed the harness that clips to each injector? You have to use some force to pull the harness off. Since it sounds like you've unbolted the fuel rail all you should have to do is pull it up. The injectors have an o-ring at the tip that creates a seal at the manifold.

Comment

they pop out. you can take the valve cover off for easier access. you did remove the intake manifold bracket yes?
      pelican has a good write up, just read the comments.

Comment

Just try to pull out as straight as you can and try not to wiggle them. I had trouble with mine too, but they'll go. try to resist the urge to rip them out with your teeth in a blinding flail of hatred.... Hang in there man.....
        :bow:WARMSQUASH1
        "So far, this is the oldest I've ever been..."

1987 325iC "Bert" - In high tech cryogenic stasis next to John Wayne waiting for a cure for Cancer

1988 325iC "Ernie" - 5-spd swap is DUN!!!, interior, rims, body kit and kitten sex...

Comment

Pblaster on the seals makes this a bit easier.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I got 5 out still need to take out one. Started raining.
            Anyway do you guys think these injector are even reusable? If yes what should I use to clean them brake fluid, fuel injector cleaner, PB blaster or carborator cleaner?

sigpicGLETSCHERBLAU METALLIC with leather INDIGO LEDER interior and blue top.

Comment

Send the injectors to Rc Engineering for testing and cleaning. They will be like (or better than) new when you get them back.
              The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
              Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

dude, dont be afraid to get your hands dirty, i mean geeeeez plastic bag lolz
                my build here ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=lemans+blue

Comment

order the ebay rebuild kit.
                  clean with 1 can, yes the whole can should be empty when done, of brake cleaner and air hose.

yeah if you send them out its better, but its like 90 bucks plus you pay shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
                    order the ebay rebuild kit.
                    clean with 1 can, yes the whole can should be empty when done, of brake cleaner and air hose.

yeah if you send them out its better, but its like 90 bucks plus you pay shipping.
                    it's $90 for a real cleaning, benchmarking and flowmatching. an ebay "rebuild kit" isn't any more than costmetic. you may as well spray paint them while you're at it so they "look new".
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      it's $90 for a real cleaning, benchmarking and flowmatching. an ebay "rebuild kit" isn't any more than costmetic. you may as well spray paint them while you're at it so they "look new".
                      where can you get it done for that cheap? checked out rc engineering and it seems like they want $144

Comment

there's a few places, witchunter, cruzinperformance.com, etc. mine were about $80.

there is no comparison to letting them soak in some degreaser, all that does is clean the outside.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i google injector cleaner for my city/ state, and found "dr.injector" for about 100.00 (a few years ago)...
                          he said
                          bosch injectors last forever
                          and, to install them asap after they are cleaned, as they could bind up if cleaned and left unused for more than a week.

i painted mine, with normal rattle can (not heat special stuff)...and they still look great 5 years later...

3 pedal club
                          200,k+ club
                          cabrio club
                          port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Working...
                          X