Seat cooler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat cooler?

So - I don't have AC, and living in Santa Barbara the climate is very mild. But with the california sun does warm up my interior a bit too warm.

I was wondering - Has anyone heard of a seat "cooler" - I've researched a bit and all I can find are ones that have a fan that blows uncooled air into a padded seat cover.

I was thinking that maby some peltier coolers in a box with a fan, and some tubbing and a liquid pump, you could chill a bit of water/antifreeze and pump it into the seat through some plastic lines, and then back to the peltier cooler.

Anyone know of such a device?
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

that's crazy! I like it. I had 03 expy seats in my 86 bronco. they had the fan with perforated leather. even without a/c, they made a big difference. don't fart.

Comment

Buy some new Mercedes SL class seats. They have a cooling system in them.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

peltier coolers will generate a ton of heat and suck up a lot of power. you'd have to put as more into cooling the peltiers than you would get cooling power out of them. a 75w peltier (probably not even enough to cool your ass) can easily generate 200 degrees worth of heat...
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
          http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by nando
            peltier coolers will generate a ton of heat and suck up a lot of power. you'd have to put as more into cooling the peltiers than you would get cooling power out of them. a 75w peltier (probably not even enough to cool your ass) can easily generate 200 degrees worth of heat...
            ^what he said

with a nice sized heat sink and a fan blowing over it, I think it may be a plausible idea, though the link posted above seems easier/cheaper/better
            my .02 :)

Comment

I've always wondered how much it would help if the 'dimples' in the leatherette seats where actually holes. Just never felt like jabbing holes in that many dimples.
              Trevor Ely
              '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
              '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Working...
              X