Replacing a tire/ Driveline Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing a tire/ Driveline Question

I'm new to the forums and BMW's, decided I would venture away from VW's for a while.

Anyway I got a flat the other day that could not be repaired so I had the tire replaced. It was a rear tire and only replaced that one. The other tire definitely has some tread left but has definate tread wear. Do I need to worry about the difference in tread on the two rear tires since I have an LSD???

I know this is a pretty noob question but I made sure to search and did t find anything, or maybe I'm just not searching right. Any input would be great, TIA

I would say no because my spare tire is smaller than my normal tires.
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Probably not, but you should always replace tires in pairs unless you bought a used one!
      The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

always replace tires in pairs.

it's not so much a will my lsd break question, so much as a safety hazard if you dont. uneven tread will cause the car to potentially have different grip levels on the different tires cause a spin during hard braking or some other emergency situation.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Alright, I will roate my fronts to the back since those are really new as well and were replaced at the same time. Bummer though since my fronts are 195s and my rears are 205s

Comment

Wait wait. How much tire tread difference are we talking about? 2 or 3 32nd?
            Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

I honestly don't know. I haven't measured the tread difference. One is brand new, the other is like 50 percent maybe a little less.

Comment

Working...
              X