Clicking Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clicking Window

My passenger side window clicks when it reaches the top. Other than this, it functions normally. It seems that it does not seal properly because you can hear wind at high speeds. Is this due to a faulty window regulator?

Mine does the same thing, though mine is much more drastic, theres about a 1/4" gap. Have a feeling its just getting caught up on something but haven't taken the time to look into it.

Comment

my drivers window does it when it goes down. functions fine till she reaches the bottom then does the clicking thing. it also stays above the door about 1/4 inch. been doing it for 3 years.
      sigpic

Comment

This is extremely annoying - especially to my passengers when I am driving at high speeds. Anyone know what could be causing this? I've read online that the clicking noise means the regulator is failing. Could the window just be off the track or misaligned?

Comment

My guess is it's one of a few possibilities.. A, the bracket that holds the motor to the regulator loosened up a lil allowing it to slip. B, the motors gear is stripped. C, the regulator itself is gummed up and isn't moving freely and needs to be cleaned and regreased. Or possibly an alignment issue with the glass. Just my $0.02

Comment

My passenger side window has the exact same problem. I just picked up a new motor this weekend, will let you know if it solves the problem.

BTW, I believe early/late model regulators are different; make sure you order the correct one.

J

Comment

Originally posted by slippery View Post
              My passenger side window has the exact same problem. I just picked up a new motor this weekend, will let you know if it solves the problem.

BTW, I believe early/late model regulators are different; make sure you order the correct one.

J

Did you ever get around to figuring out what the culprit was?

Comment

window regulator is wore out
                -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by wnamane View Post
                  Did you ever get around to figuring out what the culprit was?
                  Sorry, not yet. I will this weekend and update the thread.

J

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                    X