Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Water Leak Thread

Hey everyone,

I have tried researching this before posting and cannot seam to find anything.

I have very very moist carpet by my drivers side foot well in my 318is. I know that it could be the sunroof drain tubes, however...where do these tubes exit the car? When I try stuffing weedwacker line down the drain it gets plugged, and so obviously theyre clogged. Any answers as to where these end up (pics would be awesome) and how to clear them out?

What are the other possiblities that could cause this water? I read about plug in the floor that can pop out, but I could not find much information on that.

I am also noticing that my passenger side shock tower is all wet after driving in the rain, is this normal?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

1987 325 | @e30_hunter |

i wouldnt worry about the shock tower getting wet in the rain. as for the drain. im not 100% but im pretty sure it exits out in the gaurd under the splash covers.

Comment

Alright thanks for the reply. Ill try checking that spot

1987 325 | @e30_hunter |

Comment

The forward sunroof drain tubes run down the A pillar at the windshield. The rear tubes run down the C pillar at the rear window. They pretty much exit directly below the pillar.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Make sure the weep holes along your rocker are open too.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

thanks for info. I checked my drain tubes and they're good.

But KenC your comment...do you mean the two holes right under the door? Sort of an oval shape

1987 325 | @e30_hunter |

Comment

They're on the back side of the rocker panel seam under the car. Pry them open more with a flat blade screwdriver. I think there's three under there.
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Well I just pulled out my carpet, and I think I found the problem...there are 3 (I think) caps in the floor. One of them on each side has a rubber seal around it, well the drivers side one the seal was shriveled and open to the bottom of the car therefore allowing water to spray in while driving. So I'm guessing thats my problem!! Figured now I have an excuse to dye my carpets. And even better news...no rust under the carpet!

Now the difficult thing will be to get the part number on realoem

1987 325 | @e30_hunter |

Comment

If you get a new one i would seal it it place to make sure it doesn't leak. Seam sealer would be best you could probably also use some silicon.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I had a water leak from the sound deadening under the dash that backs onto the plenum chamber a push pin type clip had wiggled loose and was letting water from the plenum into the cabin.
                    Originally posted by MR 325
                    A noisy M20 is a happy M20.

Comment

Working...
                    X