Moonroof question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moonroof question

So I picked up a moonroof over the weekend and it appears one of the brackets bonded to the glass isn't completely bonded anymore. Anyone know what adhesive I would use to take care of this? Would a good glass and trim shop be able to refurb the panel?
    - Josh
    1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
    Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

I have the same problem; one of mine let go trying to fit the roof to work. A glass trim shop will use Urethan. it will NEVER come off after using that.
    sigpic

Comment

It's been a challenge trying to find someone wanting to do the job. I've been told to "just get a new one" more times than I care to hear. One guy said he would just cover everything with urethane adhesive and it would "probably" be ok. The search continues...
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

2 part epoxy?
        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Japandrew re-bonded his, I don't remember what he used. May be worth searching through his posts for some inspiration.
          86Zinno

Comment

Originally posted by 4drPwr View Post
            Japandrew re-bonded his, I don't remember what he used. May be worth searching through his posts for some inspiration.
            I was checking out his threads and couldn't find the details on the rebonding, and all the pics are gone. If anyone has any of the pics I would appreciate a copy.

I talked to a few more glass shops today and I'm pretty sure it will have to be a 2-part urethane based adhesive. I'm trying to find a source where I can get a small quantity.

If it ends up where I can't get a little bit I found a glass shop about an hour from me that seemed interested in giving it a try. He sounded pretty confident so I may bring the glass out there and get a for real quote.
            - Josh
            1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

So after scouring the internets I think I found a suitable reasonably priced adhesive.

What do you all think?
              - Josh
              1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

Working...
              X