HELP! No start, no crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! No start, no crank

I just tried to start my car but it wouldn't crank or click whatsoever, nothing happened, and electronics didn't work as well. I tried to jump start the car so I pushed it a bit, then I got a momentary electric power with battery warning light, then it died right away. Jump start didn't work (maybe I didn't push far enough to get it going).. would there be any other issue other than battery?
    sigpic

Also the euro clock stopped working just before I tried to start it..
    sigpic

Comment

sounds like a dead battery to me.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

if your battery is still good then check all the ground straps.

Comment

It didn't die on you while you were driving.. the car was initially sitting, correct?

Interior lights and starters run on different fuses, their common source of power is the battery. You got lights when you pushed it so you know your electrical system is in tact.
          I'd check that battery. <then determine why it died.

Comment

Yeah I took battery terminals and gave them a good clean, and re-tightened them..and everything came back to life! But now I need to find out what 4 digit radio code is...
            sigpic

Comment

there is a sticker stuck on top of the factory radio. pull it out and take a look.
              or, if your lucky the responsible PO wrote it down in owners manual, gl.

Comment

Working...
              X