Central locking ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central locking ?

Just rebuilt my driver's side door lock cylinder. All four doors lock and unlock manually. Locking the passenger's door will lock three doors, but not the driver's side. Unlocking passenger or driver's side will unlock all the doors. Lockign the driver's side will not lock the rest of the doors. I haven't checked the trunk. Any ideas as to the likely cause of this problem?

most likely is a bad actuator failing to send a "lock signal" to the central locking module

August R3VLimited Special: E3012 "V3" box: $225 shipped

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

So what kind of repair am I looking at? I assume the problem is in the driver's door, does that make sense? I had a hell of a time getting the door lock cylinder out and back in because sedan doors have a lot more sheet metal than coupe/vert doors. Is the actuator inside the door as well? I've read about something related to central locks that lives behind the driver's side footwell speaker panel.

Comment

That's just the control box, if you can lock everything from the passenger door or the trunk then that isn't your issue.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by bstarr3 View Post
          Any ideas as to the likely cause of this problem?
          Have you downloaded the ETM yet?

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

I have it, but haven't gone through it. I'm no good at wiring diagrams, so it's not a very helpful resource for me.

Comment

and the ETM is as clear as mud

Comment

Originally posted by German Audio Specialties View Post
                most likely is a bad actuator failing to send a "lock signal" to the central locking module
                Could also be shitty connections at the plug in the door jamb.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                  Could also be shitty connections at the plug in the door jamb.
                  Ya, that too. The ETM will show you all the colors

Comment

Working...
                  X