Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C wiring messed up

My A/C for some reason doesn't work.

I removed the plug above and tried jumping it. Everything came on but the jumper got hot quick! any reason why? Could the aux fan be short circuiting stuff out?

^that's some sort of ground loom I assume.

H&R OE Sport Springs - Bilstein HD's - Kosei K1's ET27 - Toyo R888 - ZHP 5spd knob - BavAuto strut bar - DINAN Chip - E30 M3 Offset Bushings - Colgan bra - P-car daily

It sounds like there is a short downstream of the slider switch. Use the wiring diagrams at http://wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm to figure our where.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I'll take a look and report my findings. doesn't look like fun...

H&R OE Sport Springs - Bilstein HD's - Kosei K1's ET27 - Toyo R888 - ZHP 5spd knob - BavAuto strut bar - DINAN Chip - E30 M3 Offset Bushings - Colgan bra - P-car daily

Comment

Well the brown and green wires are 12v. those are fine. then the white wire goes directly into the A/C switch.

Comment

Well found the cause

As you can see I closed the switch slider. I'll just place an inline 1.5amp fuse in there.

The fix

Disconnected the wire going to the alternator. Still need to test the a/c clutch for issues. Maybe the A/C diode is grounding out and faulty? Any thoughts?

EDIT: I think it needs a new a/c clutch. What are my options?
          Last edited by VAE30FTW; 08-02-2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X