Dash light went out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash light went out.

My dash light went out last night, I think it has to do with the heat. All sorts of electrical shit seems to happen when it gets too hot here. My AC went out the same day too. Any how-to's that someone can direct me to?

Hit the top of the dash near the drivers door with the palm of your hand... Always makes mine come back on
    sigpic

Comment

Lol alright, I tried but I was hitting the center so that might of been why it didn't work. Thanks.

Comment

This is the technical section right? Hitting the dash is not very technical to me. I see this answer way too often in R3V.

Do yourself a favor and troubleshoot this problem like a pro would. Pull the suspect illumination panel out and flick the bulb a few times to see if the internal element has failed. If so, then replace the bulb.

If you suspect a bad connection or ground (less likely than burnt bulb), then trace the wiring harness and inspect for any broken wires, damaged insulation, and especially crushed wires.
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Could it possibly be a fuse? I'm not very mechanically inclined, and my back lights aren't working either (my brakes do though). I also don't have any lights in my interior other than the one above my window. I don't think it's a bulb but I will definitely give it a try.

Comment

I am too having the same problems, i have brand new bulbs in and i have to flick the plastic for them to come on

Comment

A guy at O'reilly's said It's probably a short (not a fuse or relay) and that it's a big problem. He said that I will need to take it to an autobody shop so they can inspect my wiring. Does anyone know of someone who can do this in the Salt Lake area? Preferably on the cheap.

Comment

It was a fuse, fuck O'Reilly's.

Comment

Working...
                X