X3 ski bag in E30's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X3 ski bag in E30's?

Will a ski bag from an X3 work in the E30's ski passthrough? I can get a pretty good deal on one.

Thanks.
    WTB: 89-91 325iS 5-sp. (Or 318iS). No rust!

would make more sense to get one from an ix, because it will snap right in (once you've punched out the ski pass through hole). of course you will also need an ix rear seat with a fold down arm rest, or somehow modify a standard E30 seat to fold down, but you would need that regardless of the type of ski bag you used.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I can't seem to find one from an ix. So are you saying the one from X3 won't fit? Here is a pic. I don't know if it'll help, but maybe you can compare it to yours. Thanks.

Comment

wrong shape

I'm not sure how much they are new for the ix, but you could try that. I have one I'm not going to use (I don't ski) but the latch is broken, although I think it could be repaired easily enough.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks for the info. How much would you sell yours for?

Comment

What's wrong with the E30 unit besides a snowboard being a tight fit.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert
              What's wrong with the E30 unit besides a snowboard being a tight fit.
              the ix ski bag is the E30 ski bag. :P
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yes Nando, I know that. I was just asking why he didn'y inquire on a E30 first.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert
                  Yes Nando, I know that. I was just asking why he didn'y inquire on a E30 first.
                  because:
                  Originally posted by p nut
                  I can get a pretty good deal on one.

Comment

And e30 bags aren't cheap? I see them here for no more that 30 bucks.

Comment

I looked in the classifieds and found none. If you find one, please provide a link.

But nando and I might be working out a deal, so that might not even be necessary. Thanks all for the inputs.

Comment

can you guys send me a link of what the passthru looks like? with snowboarding season coming up, I'm thinking maybe I should try and find an ix rear seat

what do you do, just cut out the back there and use the passthru? what is the e30 ski bag exactly?
                        Originally posted by blunt
                        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Ski season is here already! Thinking about this a little more, trying to find an ix rear seat, ski bag, plus install time would be a lot of hassle. Plus the cost of the rear seat could come out costly (I think?) Instead, a ski rack might be the answer. Unless someone's willing to trade me rear seat straight across? :p

ColdAccord - the sheetmetal on the back seat has a perforated slot for the ski passthrough. You punch that out (with a mini-sledge or your foot :D) and install the ix seat and the ski bag. The ski bag is just a sock that keeps the seats cut-free and helps keep the snow off the interior.

Looks like this:

Comment

my 1985 325e cam standard with the fold down rear seat armrest, they arn't an IX only option.
                            85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
                              my 1985 325e cam standard with the fold down rear seat armrest, they arn't an IX only option.
                              good to know, it has the hole in it for the skibag too?
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X