318is steering wheel adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318is steering wheel adapter

Other than having to supply a second spacer, is there any reason a momo hub adapter won't fit the '91 318is? Just want to be sure I'm not missing something before I order one.

Nope, I just put a Mtech 1 wheel on my 318is about an hour ago and only needed that spacer. I wish it was a momo wheel...

Comment

Originally posted by dbgrubbs
      Other than having to supply a second spacer, is there any reason a momo hub adapter won't fit the '91 318is? Just want to be sure I'm not missing something before I order one.
      Which spacer is it that this needs? I have an M-Tech II wheel I want to put on my soon-to-be-non-bagged '91...
      John in MD - 1991 318is
      190k miles and still rolling!

Comment

Originally posted by ak96ss
        Which spacer is it that this needs? I have an M-Tech II wheel I want to put on my soon-to-be-non-bagged '91...

OK even for a newbie thats one I havent heard....
        I'm not so sure a M-Tech II wil fit...
        I cant understand why on eart somebody would put a Air bagged wheel in a NON airbag car

BTW: If YOURS is a 91' then it should be a air baged equip'd car ;) Which a M///2 wheel is fine
        sigpic
        Wastedincome420@yahoo.com

CURRENT STOCK LIST:
        00' e38 750iL HighLine=Highway Queen
        92' e30 318 vert=Aint going anywhere
        91' e34 535iM=Aint going anywhere
        91' e34 525iA=For parts
        92' e34 535iA=For parts

Comment

Originally posted by wastedincome
          OK even for a newbie thats one I havent heard....
          I'm not so sure a M-Tech II wil fit...
          I cant understand why on eart somebody would put a Air bagged wheel in a NON airbag car

BTW: If YOURS is a 91' then it should be a air baged equip'd car ;) Which a M///2 wheel is fine

Uh, yeah - my 1991, which has an airbag, is soon not going to have an airbag. Thus, "...my soon-to-be-non-bagged '91."

Anyway, I was just curious if someone could point out the right spacer for this wheel to fit. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
          John in MD - 1991 318is

Comment

When you pull the stock wheel off, there is a spacer on the shaft directly behind the wheel. You need another of these to go on the shaft after the wheel. The shaft is a bit too long for a non airbag wheel if that makes sense. I actually went to the hardware store and got a bronze bushing that worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dbgrubbs
              When you pull the stock wheel off, there is a spacer on the shaft directly behind the wheel. You need another of these to go on the shaft after the wheel. The shaft is a bit too long for a non airbag wheel if that makes sense. I actually went to the hardware store and got a bronze bushing that worked fine.

That
              is what I needed to know, thanks!
              John in MD - 1991 318is

Comment

What about the spring loaded plastic pin that's behind the airbag wheel? It's at about 11 o'clock position. Does this need to be removed?

Comment

Working...
                X