I swear im going to drive this thing off a cliff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I swear im going to drive this thing off a cliff

Im completely at a loss with this damn car. I have a 1988 convertible 2.7i that will not run for longer than 10 seconds. I have replaced literally everything, injector harness, AFM, injectors, fuel pump, relays,all top end gaskets, IAC, coil, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, crank sensor, 2 different ECUs, TPS, 02 sensor, EVERYTHING! The car will reluctantly fire up and run for a few seconds and suddenly "choke" and die. Even if i get the car moving it will buck and stall/backfire like crazy. I am not new to this car/engine but this problem has me completely stumped. Pleaseeeeee heeeeelllllppppp. Im stuck driving a camaro until i get my e30 fixed :(

What is your fuel pressure?

How does the connector under the intake manifold look inside?
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

vacuum leaks?
      smoke tested?
      compression tested?
      have you check for continuity at both ends of the wire's?
      Car ground good?

Comment

so you swapped the engine? or you bought it that way? which harness are you using?
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Fuel pressure checks out okay, i replaced and cleaned up the injector harness below the mani. Its been smoke tested with no leaks, compression is fine the engine only has about ~5000 miles on it since it was built and it has a fresh engine ground and steel motor mounts so i think grounding isnt an issue. Even with everything that I replaced the problem gradually gets worse, this started as a small misfire under load about 6 months ago.

Comment

I built the engine, im running an super eta block with an I head and I harness

Comment

What cps sensor did you use? I've had issues with any non oem sensor. What does it ohm out at? Should be about 540ohms give or take

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
              -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

If you drive or push it off a cliff make sure to video that shiz.
                Since its a convertible you could do a Thelma and Louise kinda thing....
                sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
                The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Hows your timing?
                  Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

isnt an adjustable timing gear required when this swap is done?
                    Originally posted by unloadedak
                    It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

No it is not.

Comment

Has the car been sitting for awhile? Your fuel tank might be dirty and the pump is full of gunk.

Comment

Might sound stupid but worth a shot. You don't have the fuel feed and return lines mixed up on the rail do you?

I don't even think it'll start reversed but just checking.

Comment

Yeah i might have to have it towed off a cliff. Lol all my parts are oem with the exeption of my cap and rotor which are napa echlin. The fuel tank is clean and has a new pump in it and new filter outside, il double check my fuel lines but it definitely seems like an electrical glitch. The tach, mpg, and coolant temp gauge all snap to 0 when it bucks/chokes

Comment

Looking at my fuse box earlier and noticed all of the fuses are intact but the plastic fuse housings look melted or heat cracked O.o

Comment

Working...
                              X