please help no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help no spark

just replaced plugs, wires,cap,rotor ,and still no spark i have 3 hours befor i have to pick up my kid need help bad any ideas guys
    Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything. 1985 e30 325e chipped 4:10 lsd forged control arm bushing and old ass bbs weaves. 1966 ford galaxie 500 XL 390. 1982 e21 320i........not running. :wgaf:

did you check the coil?

Comment

coil wire in the right spot?
      i'd recheck all the wires

Comment

Use a multi meter and make sure you have 12 ish volts at the coil. Mine had around 8-9 and it had no spark
        harry/harout

Comment

All the plugs are in order im going to have my coil checked now
          Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything. 1985 e30 325e chipped 4:10 lsd forged control arm bushing and old ass bbs weaves. 1966 ford galaxie 500 XL 390. 1982 e21 320i........not running. :wgaf:

Comment

Check the other end of the ignition system too: the crankshaft position sensor (CPS). if it's really dirty, broken or the wires are severed you won't get any spark. On late model e30s you can see it from standing on the spark plug side of the car, then follow the wires looking for breaks. On early models there are 2 CPS but one of them is still out from (I am pretty sure).

Comment

Lol coil is reading 1.5v so ya guessing thats my problom thaanx guys ill keep ya posted

Comment

lol. its toast
                harry/harout

Comment

Ya for sure

Comment

so i changed the coil no change .............just wondering....how loose should the top half of my timing belt be???????....cuz its pretty Fin loose

Comment

Well that wouldn't effect spark though. Since your voltage is so low at the coil, I would suspect the dme to be at fault.
                      harry/harout

Comment

ya timing belt busted wile i was trying to turn her over .........where is the dme? sorry its my first e30 lol and i drift the shit out of her so i deserve every bit of hastle she is giving me lol im not confused about that but now im gonna be nice to her

Comment

Dme is in the glovebox under the upper trim panel. Not sure how to test it though. Your best bet is to swap in a known good one.
                          harry/harout

Comment

is the dme just another name for the ecu????cuz if it is then i checked it today but it didnt apear to be fried or smell burnt mabey the cheap ass chip in it fried out ??? i dont know my thoughts keep bringing me back to timing so im gonna do that saturday and order a new chip as well just to be safe

Comment

i can only feel the top half of my timing belt but when i replaced it 6 months ago i dont remember it bein this loose its hella floppy like its not turning the gear so its not turning the rotor to give spark is kinda where my brains going please lol tell me if my thought process is flawed

Comment

Working...
                              X