lot of vibration when sliding in rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lot of vibration when sliding in rain

so...it's mostly wet this part of the month in romania and whenever i punch the throttle 1st and 2nd i get the tires to spin and jump a lot, it shakes my whole car really bad. it's like they get grip slip get grip slip and so on...what do you think the problem is? could it be the diff bushing? should i get a fixed one instead of rubber?

It could be any number of things but the diff bushing or subframe bushings could be whats causing it. I had a similar issue a few years ago and it turned out that my differential bolts had come slightly loose. Tightening them up solved the problem.

Comment

I get wheel hop in the rain even with all new bushings. Id suggest a bit more compression on your shocks.

Comment

Likely causes would be bad subframe & trailing arm bushings, and blown shocks. Replace all of that along with the upper shock mounts, sway bar bushings and sway bar links.
        Last edited by jlevie; 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Leaf spring swap?

Comment

What Nick said - check your differential bolts... same thing happened to me and resolved it (note: 3.73 LSD). After that check your bushings and (if you haven't done it within the last 30,000 miles) replace your diff fluid while your at it.

Good luck.

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by mcaden View Post
              What Nick said - check your differential bolts... same thing happened to me and resolved it (note: 3.73 LSD). After that check your bushings and (if you haven't done it within the last 30,000 miles) replace your diff fluid while your at it.

Good luck.

Marc
              it did that after changing the diff...so it seems that the rubber bushing is the culprit. i'll have to change it for a ceramic hopefully it will work out. thanks for the advice!:)

Comment

All cars do that. It really doesn't matter if you have a new car or a beat up car,Koni or Boge. If the wheels aren't spinning fast enough on good but wet asphalt you get the rear axle vibration. LSD does make it appear less though.
                sigpic
                1990 318is M-technik2

Comment

Working...
                X