check panel lights on???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check panel lights on???

Can anyone tell me why the "brake lights" light on my check panel lights up? My washer fluid light is illuminated too, even though it's full.

My Build Thread

you drive this daily?
    sigpic

Comment

haha... no. only driven it on the road once since I've owned it and that was driving it home when I bought it. It's just a project car.
      My Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by smitche View Post
        haha... no. only driven it on the road once since I've owned it and that was driving it home when I bought it. It's just a project car.
        Well I know the brake light stays on toll you touch the brakes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
        sigpic

Comment

I always touch the brakes when starting the car I always touch the brakes cause im self-conscious about it haha

sigpic

Comment

yeah, it doesn't go off, even after touching the brakes. In fact, I just did the brakes (pads and rotors) and even after testing down my driveway the light was still on. hmmm
            My Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by smitche View Post
              yeah, it doesn't go off, even after touching the brakes. In fact, I just did the brakes (pads and rotors) and even after testing down my driveway the light was still on. hmmm
              I dont know a lot about the wiring but im sure there's a loose sensor or something stupid

sigpic

Comment

The brake light warning LED in the check panel will come on when the current flow through any of the brake lights is less than normal. The wrong or aged bulbs, corrosion in the sockets or connectors, a bad ground, or a bad brake light switch can cause the LED to light.
                The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

My washer fluid check light has been on since I bought my barn find and after checking everything a number of times I realized the float switch was upside down..lol

180 degrees later and all is well in LalaLand :-)
                  Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                  Alice the Time Capsule
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                  87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I also noticed that when I turn my headlights on the low beam check panel light comes on, is that normal? I just replaced the bulbs.
                    My Build Thread

Comment

I don't mean to thread jack, but I have the exact problem.

Everything is working well. But for some reason, they just want to light up when they want to get my attention. Last night, almost everything lighted up on my way home. For awhile there, I thought my right low beam was busted, but when I turned the lights switch off, and on again, it was ok. The others were like false alarms.

Voltage?

Comment

Working...
                      X