Oil in Intake/AirBox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
    New o-rings will fix any intake leaks at the oil return tube, but there are other possible leaks. Replace the valve cover gasket and the four rubber rocker shaft plugs, the oil filler cap, and the dip stick o-rings. When everything is back together, have a smoke test done.
    1. Ok so i should replace?
    VC gasket
    Rocker Shaft Plugs
    Oil filler cap
    Dip stick o-rings
    Do i need to worry about cam seals?

2. Little update, kind of non oil related,
    was taking off the fuel rail and injectors and dropped an injector onto the valve cover and busted a pintle, i love making things more complicated for myself :sad:
    might not be able to see in the pic.

What are my options, i was taking them out to clean and put new o-rings on.
    should i just get new pintles and filter caps for all the injectors?

3. another unrelated to topic question.
    Found the power steering reservoir inlet is leaking ATF everywhere, do i need a new hose or can i put a hose clamp and seal it?

Thanks for the responses guys.

Comment

The injector kit I got (from mrinjector of course) had new pintle caps, filters & orings. If you dont have that option Id try to replace that cap regardless.

Ive also found that PS reservoir leaks are often those "one time" use hose clamps and/or a bad hose end and can be easily cleaned up to not leak.
      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
      Alice the Time Capsule
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

If you have had the injectors out already...rebuild them. As for the power steering hoses, put new clamps on both top and bottom and you should see no more leaks.

Comment

Ok cheers il give that a go for the ps reservoir.

I'm just about to order the parts seals ect, I can't figure out what injector rebuild kit I need for the 320i, do all the Bosch injectors share the same pintle ect? The number on the injector is 0280150716

Comment

so been a slow month waiting on parts to arrive to AUS, but now i have finally
            replaced tube of death seals
            cleaned all the intake parts and vacuum lines
            replaced mani gaskets
            New air filter
            rebuilt injectors and changed fuel filter (Thanks to Mr injector, great customer support and prompt mailing)

been driving it for the past two weeks and no oil leak and has a dead steady idle speed,
            so im assuming there is no other vacuum leaks.

Thanks for the help and advice everyone!!

Comment

Working...
            X