Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting evap/charcoal cannister

Car is an 86 325e w/B25 engine

I just realized that my rusty line coming out of the evap/charcoal cannister leads to a broken end. I'd like to remove it entirely, but I'm unsure what to do with the connector under the intake manifold. Its got a vaccum line running into it and some electrical connector on it. Can I just put a dab of silicone on the end of the connector and be done with it?

I know this has come up before, but whenever I search today I get the "your token has expired" message.

Thanks

Comment

You need your Expansion tank.

Keep your expansion tank as it is used in conjuction with the vent system for your gas tank. Trust me, mine is not working properly at the moment (lines hooked up wrong i believe) it's causing my fuel ups to take forever as gas backs up the filler neck when fueling.

Comment

The way it is now (seemingly broken) luckily doesn't have any effect on the gas tank filling.

Thanks for the above link but I'm still kind of uncertain - one person says I can just fill it with sealant and be done, yet others don't seem too sure.

Comment

I bought one of those cheap $5 mower gas filters, they sell them at advanced. I put it on the end of the vent tube and had no problems or gas fumes at all. I just zip tied it to the chassis near the abs lines. I capped the throttle body opening.
          Haven't you ever seen Russian Nesting Dolls? They work like that.

1987 325e / 2008 135i

Comment

it would be better to find a charcoal canister off another car.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

can I vent it to air without intake leaks?

sorry if I sound clueless, this is one of the few things on the car that still puzzle me

Comment

Sure if you dont mind your fuel evaporating into the air. :p
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Andy348 View Post
                  can I vent it to air without intake leaks?

sorry if I sound clueless, this is one of the few things on the car that still puzzle me
                  Just cap it off at the throttle body.

The hose coming from the fuel tank just put one of these air filters on the end of it.
                  Last edited by lowsodium; 07-16-2013, 11:03 AM.
                  Haven't you ever seen Russian Nesting Dolls? They work like that.

1987 325e / 2008 135i

Comment

Working...
                  X