Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Question on the C191 (injector to ecu plug)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question on the C191 (injector to ecu plug)

I'm looking at removing the connector and just adding new bullet male/female connectors. I just need to know what size of gauge to buy. Any ideas?

The wire size is shown in http://wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm next to the wire in question. I found 5 of the 7 wires going to C191 and they were either 1.5 mm^2 which is close to 16 AWG and .5 mm^2 which is close to 20 AWG.

Comment

the small pin size will work fine
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Alright cool... Now, does anyone have the correct wiring info?

I know the harness has 7 wires due to the unused ground on the CTS but I'm curious as to which color is the one I don't need to use.
        The coolant temp sender has two wired coming out of it. A yellow/brown and a brown/pink. The info on this link states that this combo is not possible...

The only wire I find missing on the engine side is the smaller gauge brown/yellow but the link says that it should be used?
        Last edited by 702pjc; 08-17-2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Use brown/purple
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks nando.

Now that I've gotten it all crimped/soldered one of the smaller gauge wires decided to break out of the crimp... I bought the removal tool for the terminal but it won't work on this specific terminal... It's stuck!

So is there any possible way for me to splice this ground (orange/brown) into another ground wire or do the grounds need to go back to their respective pins on the DME?

edit: Nevermind, A little more elbow grease and it popped out. However, feel free to answer this for future viewers who may have the same problem.
            Last edited by 702pjc; 08-24-2013, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X