Electrical issues/relay issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical issues/relay issues

So yesterday I was driving home and I realized that my fuel, and temp guages weren't working. The Speedo, odo, and Tach (I have a flavor flav clock there) were working fine.

I also noticed that the windows wouldn't roll down. I wasn't too concerned with the petrol or temp gauges yesterday because there was a rain storm headed in and I needed to get the windows fixed, and I did, there was no power to pin 87 on the K5 relay. So a jumper wire from pin 30 fixed that and I got the windows to roll up.
    s
    Well this morning my windscreen was foggy so I went to turn on the heater and I got nothing. I don't get any fan, when I press the AC button no lights come on.

I don't have any blown fuse. So I'm assuming that maybe I have a bad relay? Besides the k5 relay? I'm not sure which relay I need to test for the blower motor and such. Any welp would be appreciated. I assue the two issues of are connected.

Thanks!

How do you know you have no bad fuses? Did you use a meter or a test light? You should have used a test light.

Using a digital meter or your eyeball is not sufficient. They should be tested under load ie. testlight.
    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
    www.BavRest.com
    My Feedback Thread
    Our Facebook!
    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
      How do you know you have no bad fuses? Did you use a meter or a test light? You should have used a test light.

Using a digital meter or your eyeball is not sufficient. They should be tested under load ie. testlight.
      Okay, I will test the fuses with a test light and get back at you.

Comment

You were right, I had a bad fuse. Test light worked like a champ, I appreciate the advice.

Comment

It just blew the replacement fuse within the hour. Hmmm.

Comment

Working...
          X