e30 4 door wide body build help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 4 door wide body build help please

Hi everybody, i'm new here and was wondering if these rear fenders would fit an e30 4 door (with some cutting and fiberglassing of course) http://dtmfiberwerkz.com/access/styl...ers-p-331.html

I have an 88 325 4 door btw. I have to keep the 4 door due to circumstances. I'm planning on using these rear fenders and stretching/rolling the stock fronts (or making custom ones?)
    Attached Files
    Keep it sideways!!! XD

You can make just about anything fit with a lot of work. I think it will look really out of place if you just run the wide box M3 style flares on the rear and just stretch the fronts. Big difference in widths.
    Just a little project im working on
    - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

the front fenders are bolt on, which is the easiest part. I can't imagine doing the work for the rears, on a 4 door especially, and then not doing the fronts..

also, the fitment of those particular panels is going to be horrid. be prepared.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
        You can make just about anything fit with a lot of work. I think it will look really out of place if you just run the wide box M3 style flares on the rear and just stretch the fronts. Big difference in widths.
        Ive seen it done. It actually looks pretty good :P
        Keep it sideways!!! XD

Comment

Just a heads up Dtms stuff fits terrrriiibbllle.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
            Just a heads up Dtms stuff fits terrrriiibbllle.
            Ah man, i figured they'd have good fitment since they only make bimmer kits :(
            Last edited by zerotolerancecuy; 01-24-2014, 10:00 PM.
            Keep it sideways!!! XD

Comment

Are you any good at working with sheet metal? This is basically what I'm planning for my widebody job:

I'm sure you could work it so that the fourth door remains functional (but only opening from the inside, the logistics of extending the door handle by 2+" would be a bitch) but getting everything right is probably gonna be a bitch

Comment

I'm not too good with sheet metal :( I was gonna use fiberglass and stuff like that. I suck at welding :(
                Keep it sideways!!! XD

Comment

Unless you're a baoss with fiberglass, I'd get real nice & familiar with welding sheet metal - it's probably gonna be your best bet for making something nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X