Motronic 0 261 200 081 replace or repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motronic 0 261 200 081 replace or repair

Looking for a replacement Bosch Motronic M1.0 model# 0 261 200 081 for my ‘86 325i/ECE E30 M20/B25 (171hp). It appears to be one of the rare models.

Does anyone have a line on a used one in good working order?

Any sites other than Ebay for searching used parts such as this?

Otherwise I’d like to hear if anyone has used a specific company to repair/re-manufacture a Motronic unit.

Any other insightful recommendations would be appreciated.

This website is for sale! autotekelectronics.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, autotekelectronics.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

I think you can use any M20B25 DME (a 153 or later) on this engine. The car should have a 153 at present, but a 173 (or later) will have better idle control.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I don't think the early 325i can use the later DME. the 153 DME is Motronic 1.1 with the 55 pin connector, the earlier euro market cars have a 35 pin connector instead IIRC.

of course you can still do it but you'd have to convert the whole harness & sensors to 1.1/1.3.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

nando is correct, I would need to make a harness/sensor conversion to use 1.1/1.3.

As an update, I had a consultation with Mark from Enhanced Automotive Technology. Sent him a couple of pictures of the PCB's of the DME. He had me take an extra pic of a specific location where the leads of the large transistor that is mounted on the heat sink land on the back side of the board. He spotted a minute crack on one of the leads, suggested that if I was comfortable I could get out my soldering iron and some electronic solder and repair it myself. My understanding is that this transistor drives the coil.

My car is back together and running.

Comment

Working...
          X