i need help ID'ing part and how to remove it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need help ID'ing part and how to remove it

i have an 87 325 convertible that i bought 6 years ago...due to various reasons the car was driven very little...it still only has 92K original miles

i'm trying to spruce it up and have some dried window seals...the piece that sits on top of the door panel, it is fastened to the door in some manner...i haven't been able to find a part number...i call them window sweeps, the rub against the glass as it goes up/down

and i completely mangled the drivers side trying to remove it...how do you get that/those pieces off of the top of the door...the interior door panels are off but i can't figure out how to get those off the car without ruining them

here's a diagram i found but i'm uncertain which i need...if anyone has a part number for a convertible that would be a big help

There is a screw under the mirror adjustment knob, and two in the bottom of the arm rest. Pull those, the pry the bottom of the door card away from the door till you get all the clips out and only the top of the door is holding it on. Pull the lock knob then slide the pannel up and off. The inside window sweep is attached to the pannel.

Comment

Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
      There is a screw under the mirror adjustment knob, and two in the bottom of the arm rest. Pull those, the pry the bottom of the door card away from the door till you get all the clips out and only the top of the door is holding it on. Pull the lock knob then slide the pannel up and off. The inside window sweep is attached to the pannel.
      thanks...i have the door panels off of the car...what i can't figure out out to remove is the rubber window sweep piece that sits on top of the door that rubs against the glass from outside the car

and it would be great if i could find a part number to shop for new pieces, mine are shot...the drivers side, destroyed when i removed it

i found the diagram on www.turnermotorsport.com but they don't provide BMW part numbers and i couldn't figure out from the diagram which piece i actually need

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Working...
        X