Engine Swap - Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmm..

one could be driving a German car with a Japanese motor while wearing Italian shoes, a Scottish kilt and eating Swiss cheese after calling someone via a phone made in Korea.

-----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Going price on eBay is between $2-$3 with a transmission and harness.

My friend Josh and I have been considering an E30 2JZ-GTE build up but if we actually decide to it will probably be a year before we can even start on it.

Comment

[quote=Ritalin Kid]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/720651/
        quote]

Thats a lot of modification to everything but he claims 600hp so its probably worth it.

Comment

His swap is a little extreme. Alot of extra reinforcement for track use I assume. You could do this swap without going this far into modifying the car BUT if I were going to go through the trouble of creating such a beast of a car I would probably do the same thing he is doing.

600hp E30 = 10 second car if you're into straightline racing.

Comment

Most popular engine swaps are the M50 or S50, the S50 yeilds a very nice improvement and would make for a fun car.

Unpopular swaps, however also very rewarding are the M30/M88/S38.

I'm slowly planning out an S38 3.6 or 3.8 Swap personally.

Comment

I am planning to swap something into this...
              Attached Files
              2005 BMW 545i 6M
              2005 Toyota Corolla CE
              2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Comment

what is the best "bang for your buck" option?
                2005 BMW 545i 6M
                2005 Toyota Corolla CE
                2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Comment

i usually dont say this either but use the f-ing search button.

It all depends on what you want to spend and what your goals are. If you want to do 400 whp on a reasonably cheap budget get an M30 like Im doing (3.5 from 80's early 90's 535, 735 etc..)..

www.rimstrader.com

all the parts you need to swap the M30 into your E30 here-> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=m30+mounts

99 540i/66 911

Comment

I forgot how perfect your paint looks, The Bobby Wells of black e30's. S50's seem to be what your looking for, i am collecting parts and doing that this summer.
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Collecting parts? why not just buy the whole things from one of the rebuilt engine places...
                      2005 BMW 545i 6M
                      2005 Toyota Corolla CE
                      2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Comment

I am not exactly sure what you mean but i have the whole engine and most of the parts i just need a few more things.
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                          M20B25.

oh wait. you are forunate enough to have one already... keep it.
                          /\/\/\/\/\/\
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
                            For these reasons I'm very partial to the the 2JZ-GTE swap. You can get an engine and 6 speed tranny w/ wiring harness for about the price of 1 S52 long block alone. Once you have the engine in place you have TONS more performance options than you do with the M50/S50 swap.
                            I just can't bring myself to go through the trouble of a M50 swap for 30 extra horses.
                            For the money the 2JZ-GTE swap is perfect. 320HP stock, and 400HP with an extra $1,000 to $1,500 in her. It will not be easy at all , but it will be tons cheeper than any BMW engine swap + FI to get to 400hp. Not to mention that any added tuning would be cheeper and give more power than most any BMW tuning options. I personally like a 13B-REW swap better than the 2JZ-GTE, I used to be a RX-7 guy.
                            Originally posted by KingB
                            Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S
                              yeah. i lost track of that site too. was nice. had weights, power outputs, and cars they came from..

anyone ?
                              I have that link on my computor at home. I will post it up later tonight.

-Erik

Comment

stroke the M20...
                                90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Working...
                                X