Engine Swap - Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid

The purist side of me is starting to like the M30 swap idea alot better.
    That is exactly why i'm going with an S38 (or built M88 ), too many people have done the S/M50 swap.

Comment

any more info on anyone doing the 2JZ, RB25, SR20 swap in an E30?

Comment

Google it.. I'm sure you'll find the info you need.

Comment

They have information on the E30 SR20DET engine SWAP

Comment

SR20DET swap is looking alot more tempting than a 2JZ swap. Looks like the SR20 is alot easier to do and cheaper. You can pick up a S14 SR20DET JDM engine w/ 6 speed tranny for around $2000 + shipping. In stock form it puts out 225hp. The S15 SR20s put out 250hp stock but cost around $3500 + shipping w/ tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
              SR20DET swap is looking alot more tempting than a 2JZ swap. Looks like the SR20 is alot easier to do and cheaper. You can pick up a S14 SR20DET JDM engine w/ 6 speed tranny for around $2000 + shipping. In stock form it puts out 225hp. The S15 SR20s put out 250hp stock but cost around $3500 + shipping w/ tranny.
              s14 is only a 5 speed the 6 speed is in only in a s15 form. i looking to buy a e30 and doing this swap. they will rewire up the sr20det harness to run the swap with the sr20det ecu and also run the stock electronics in the bimmer inside. this is the cheapest swap to do for turbo.
              06 accord ex v6 carbon bronze pearl
              99 altima gle pewter grey
              90 crx si Barbados Yellow mini swap
              89 gti 16v bright blue metallic vr6 soon

Comment

Working...
              X