No announcement yet.

early 318 vs. 318is? pro / cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure its the gas tank? I swapped fuel pumps and now I have the same issue - gas comes out when I take a left hand turn and the tank is fairly full. Bad O-Ring it seems - I have a new one coming that should fix the problem.

I hope.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

I replaced the O-ring. But I might just have Rick check it out sometime.

I could have pulled something loose when replacing fuel filter, but this issue developed after that.

Still, I'm going to establish contact with Reggie regardles, just in case.

Comment

If the tank is leaking, it will probably be the seam towards the top of the tank where the top and bottom halves meet. If its leaking around the senders/fuel pump shit then its probably just gaskets/o-rings. I helped Rick swap a tank on an e30 at work btw. Thats how I know he can get it done in like 2 hours ;) All you gotta do is drop the exhaust and driveshaft, undo all the hoses/electrical connections, unbolt it, and have someone help you set it on the ground. As long as there is like... under 5 gallons probably... it isnt that hard to drop either if you have a 2nd person.

Will
        RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
        Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
        DaveCN = Old Man
        My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
        If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

yeah, Chris or Bob Stommel guessed the halves thing. It alway comes from the driver side.

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift
            I dunno about that, I like my 318i.

That being said, I've been contemplating a 16v swap for it.
            put an e36 m42 in. then you can DA SC and drift it, lol

Comment

Working...
            X