Brake rotor size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake rotor size

So I am new to E30s and I also have a Touring. The information for it on US websites is to say the least lacking. I need to replace my rotors and I am having difficulty finding the right ones. Does anyone happen to know a good place to get rotors or at least the size so that I can see if another E30 rotor can fit on it. It is a 1990 318i Touring.

Try the tech line at Bavauto

Comment

Solid or vented fronts? the E36 ti had solid fronts until 1996 or so. Amusingly.

Go look at RealOEM or somewhere similar that has EU parts- that will get you
      part numbers, and then Google will get you suppliers.
      BMW part numbers are awfully... Germanic in their systemmatic nature...

heh

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I didn't even think to do that. I have part numbers now and I can get the rotors of ECS for less than $100.

Comment

Glad it worked. It doesn't always.

The trick is to figure out which market your car was sold in...

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

It was sold in Europe that is pretty easy considering it is rhd and there aren't many rhd markets the rhd was sold in

Comment

ti's has solid rotors until 04/98. i have a '98 model but solid rotors with a 10/97 build date.

sorry, OT.

Comment

Look them up on RealOEM.com and cross reference the part number to see what cars they came on.

Start here:

Then look here:

Looks like ALL e30's share the same front rotors.

Comment

Just for clarification it is not a 318ti, it is a 318i Touring.

Comment

ti's has solid rotors until 04/98.
                    No shit, I thought they went vented with the M44. Learn something new every day...

{sorry for the O/T}

t

Comment

Working...
                    X