$*@#&% slave.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$*@#&% slave.

It's brand new - cause my wonderful friend decided to press the clutch pedal down when we were pushing my car back in the garage and it wasn't in the tranny (since there wasn't one). Hoorraayyy

Anyway, it's a new slave. Reused my rubber line, hooked it up - bled perfectly...yaddayadda..

Well - now it leaks a nice drop EVERY time the clutch is pressed down. It's coming out of the line.

Does this mean the clutch line is not sealing correctly? The thing is tight, but refuses to seal.

I'm going to try my other one, but if I can't get this working, I'm going to be seriously furious. This is the only thing keeping me from driving my car.

Reponses preferred ASAP! lol

EDIT: Just realized the swear word in the subject - meant to change that before I submitted - I've changed it, but if a mod wants to get it changed on the main page, please do. Sorry about that! :o
    Last edited by Sean; 07-08-2006, 09:00 AM.
    - Sean Hayes

The fitting on the rubber line may be seeping where the metal is crimped to the rubber... if you're sure it's not the slave. What brand was the slave you bought? New or rebuilt?
    Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

teflon tape that shit
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC
        teflon tape that shit
        I'm not 100% sure on this, but teflon tape may fall within the list of things that don't react well with brake fluid.
        Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Probably a true story with the teflon.

It's a brand new ATE Slave Cylinder. Should be good. I'm positive it's not the slave. If it is, I'm sure the guys I got it from would replace it.

I'm probably just going to buy a new hose - you're probably right, it may be leaking between the rubber and metal. It's hard to tell because it sure seems to be seeping out of the screw hole. But, I'll try a new hose, and see what happens.

Should I just get a rubber one, or look into a Stainless Steel one?
          - Sean Hayes

Comment

the oem part is reasonable from BMW/pelican/whoever will sell it to u. The only stainless line I know of for the e30 is the one I saw in a Korman ad and posted here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...tch+slave+line

dont know if anyone has been the guinea pig for it yet.

Comment

I'll probably just order a new line, easier that way. heh
              - Sean Hayes

Comment

the same thing just happened to me, one of my friends pushed the clutch petal in when the transmission was out and the slave cylinder seals pushed out of the housing.

Comment

yea, mines leaking slowly between the rubber and metal fitting. I noticed it when the brake fluid light came on. Ive been putting off ordering a new line. because its so small of a leak.
                  let me know if you find a good price on one.
                  sigpic

Comment

I had to order a new line, the one from the parts car was rusty and nasty looking. I just cut it off rather than fight with those rusted on fittings. it wasn't too expensive, I think it's worth it.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

BFBMW.com has one for $29.90.

Not a bad price at all.
                      - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
                      X