Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
    In my neck of the woods, this is what most mechanics have, myself included:

You can rearrange it anyway you want, because your tool selection is always changing/ you're always buying new stuff.
    Looks like a bakers tray. Like something you would see at a restaurant/catering company. No way is that strong enough for anything but cupcakes?!?!?!?!

Maybe this is better - wrote this up for HAD a while back: http://hackaday.com/2015/08/06/keep-...rd-on-rollers/

Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Friggin tool box doesnt fit in my 1 car garage so its in the basement until i can get it out to my shop lmao.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        Looks like a bakers tray. Like something you would see at a restaurant/catering company. No way is that strong enough for anything but cupcakes?!?!?!?!
        Well I don't know what to tell you. They're made of steel. Holds my wrenches, impact guns, sockets, pliers, drills, bits, screwdrivers, what have you. Anything I'd need in daily work or taking an E30 apart / put it back together. Whats so good about that, is that every tool is readily available/visible, no opening/closing anything when you change tools. When you try to do stuff efficiently (quickly) that matters. Also, no bending down to get something from floor level. That also matters when you work on cars 40-60 hrs/week, every week. And you can throw an E30 big case diff on that "table" below plus a couple of car batteries, nothing will break :)

-Cheers, Jarno.

Comment

I prefer putting my tool in a box so that they stay clean. Anything that hangs on my peg board or anywhere else gets covered in dirt/grinder dust.

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
            Well I don't know what to tell you.
            Well, at least post up when it falls on you.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I tried the vertical toolkit for a while- brake shops seem to use them
              for workstations-
              but the one I had just didn't click with me.
              Maybe it's what you're used to.
              I grew up with my dad just setting tools down in the grass
              next to the tractor- that STILL drives me nuts!

Speaking of baker's trays, the half/whole size cookie sheet trays are awesome
              for those of us who seem to take 6 or 8 things apart before we start putting them
              back together. You can strip a carb down, lay it all out, figure out what parts it needs,
              then slide the whole tray back into the rack and start working on the next one.
              They trap fluid, the steel verrsions are pretty strong, and if you buy them used
              (of steal them from work) they're quite inexpensive once you have the rack.
              AND you can make your own out of 1" square tubing if you do things that way.
              t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I use loaf pans to hold and clean parts all the time. Pick them up from garage sales for under a buck.

Comment

I'm still looking for the cupcake pans that fit the cookiesheet racks.

Hee.

t
                  now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                  X