E30 for sale opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 for sale opinions

What are your opinions on this local car?

I am planning to use it as a track project and am asking cause I don't really know what to look for on these as well as what a good price would be.

Any help much appreciated, it would be a 2+ hr drive so looking to get info beforehand

Originally posted by CraigM6 View Post
    Any help much appreciated, it would be a 2+ hr drive so looking to get info beforehand
    Looks straight enough from the pics without any stupid go faster molestation, but I think you need to invest the 4 hour round trip to take a good look over the car and drive it.

From the brief it looks like a lot of the right work has been done and it's been cared for but up close and personal is the only way to know, can you get pics of the rust areas ? That would be my biggest worry, if you know a good body shop forward the pics and ask for an estimate.

Pricewise it's not bad though I'd probably go in at around 3k depending on the cost of rust remediation.

I'd certainly be taking a set of ramps with me to get a good look under the car for other rust spots....

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
      Looks straight enough from the pics without any stupid go faster molestation, but I think you need to invest the 4 hour round trip to take a good look over the car and drive it.

From the brief it looks like a lot of the right work has been done and it's been cared for but up close and personal is the only way to know, can you get pics of the rust areas ? That would be my biggest worry, if you know a good body shop forward the pics and ask for an estimate.

Pricewise it's not bad though I'd probably go in at around 3k depending on the cost of rust remediation.

I'd certainly be taking a set of ramps with me to get a good look under the car for other rust spots....
      Thank you

I guess I was mostly inquiring about the price cause I wouldn't really know what point to go in at.

I appreciate the advice about the rust and yes I am going to try and go look at it, cars this condition don't show up often near me

Comment

I bought my 4 door for 2k even with no rust. It was missing the rear bumper cover and the drivers side leather seat was ripped but it was in otherwise great condition. Southern car, no rust. Just something to think about. I would see what they think about 2500.

Comment

Got pictures of the rust

looks pretty significant on the wheel well, seems like its in a bad spot into the door frame

attaching image late, cant get it to work at work
          Last edited by CraigM6; 01-05-2016, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravosa View Post
            I bought my 4 door for 2k even with no rust. It was missing the rear bumper cover and the drivers side leather seat was ripped but it was in otherwise great condition. Southern car, no rust. Just something to think about. I would see what they think about 2500.
            You're not going to find a rust free e30 for less than $4000 north of Virginia. And that's completely stock with worn out bushings and everything.

The e30 in the op looks like it's worth checking out. A little rust on a track car is just weight savings. I'd haggle for $3k though because of the sunroof and rear windows.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
            X