ATE or Lucas Girling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATE or Lucas Girling?

What is the easiest way to find out which brakes I have? I have a 91 325 is cab.

I am overseas, trying to order parts for a brake rebuild, and found there are different brake systems. Is there an easy way to tell which I have? I will be emailing my wife, so hopefully it is a really obvious visual indicator.

Thanks in advance!
    Porsche-BMW... All the same, right?

Visually they are stamped either GIRLING or ATE. Should be pretty easy to spot :up:
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Awesome, I was hoping it would be that easy. Thanks for the quick response.
      Porsche-BMW... All the same, right?

Comment

ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by iflylow View Post
          I will be emailing my wife, so hopefully it is a really obvious visual indicator
          You gotta copy us on that email trail....

"Hello dearest, I just need you to go and crawl under the car with a flashlight to read some lettering on the brake calipers..."

:)

Comment

BMW, or Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, is a premium manufacturer of cars and motorcycles based in Munich, Germany. Forming part of the BMW Group, which is also the parent of Mini and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, BMW is one of the leading premium automobile manufacturers with a focus on ‘Sheer Driving Pleasure’.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
            X