Wipers now stop further up the screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wipers now stop further up the screen

So my wipers were stuttery. Took the motor out, cleaned the grease, stuck it back in. Works fine.

My problem is that the wipers don't actually reach the bottom position where they should park.
    They park, but a bit further up.

The interesting bit: it's not because I stuffed up putting the arms back on the motor.
    They never actually reach where they should.

They proceed as normal up to the edge, then back down, then stop maybe 4" up from where they should. They don't dip down or anything.

What did I do wrong?

Can provide video if you want
    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Wiper problems can be attributed to:

- Wiper relay
    - Wiper motor
    - Wiper linkage
    - Alignment of wiper linkage to wiper motor
    - Alignment of wipers to wiper linkage

I would check your alignment to your motor. By this I mean as a frame of reference the wiper motor is bolted to the car with 3 10mm bolts. In the center of those one 10mm bolt is used to secure the rotating assembly to the motor. This rotating assembly must come straight off the motor. Which means everything should be in a straight line from the drivers side to the passenger; the short link and the longer link should form a straight line perpendicular to the direction of the car as they are bolted up to the motor.

At least that's how it is in my LHD car. In your righty it may be 180 degrees the opposite.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I fixed it!

Turns out the position of the entire motor matters. The holes in it are slots so it can move left or right relative to the body. Moved it all the way to the other side and it's perfect
      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Wow! And at 12:45 AM too!!! ;)

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Working...
        X