Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who installed e24 engine mounts, modifications did you need to make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who installed e24 engine mounts, modifications did you need to make?

Garagistic says that the only necessary chance is to grind off one of the alignment nubs. Is that really it? Just make it flush?

I have the ones sold here: https://store.garagistic.com/E30-hd-...24-11811132322
    1987 325i Convertible
    2015 Fiesta SFE: 1.0L of 'Woah, is that torque under 2k?'

Bingo, if E24 ones are the same as E28 (which I think they are), that's the only mod you need to make.

Optionally, you can trim the stud length as there is far often more than needed for the E30. But only do so if you can clean up the threads from any cutting. If you don't have taps/dies you can thread the nut on below where you want to cut and then take it off after the cut. Normally this leads to usable threads, but not always.

Comment

I'm Interested in doing this to. Stock mounts don't last more than a few years before showing signs of stress

I'm not going to go for the trans cups they don't seem like they'd do anything tbh

Are the mount thicknesses are the same as the originals ?
      Last edited by digger; 09-29-2016, 11:30 PM.
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
        I'm Interested in doing this to. Stock mounts don't last more than a few years before showing signs of stress

I'm not going to go for the trans cups they don't seem like they'd do anything tbh

Are the mount thicknesses are the same as the originals ?
        I could see the cup being useful for heavy track use perhaps? I want to stick a gopro under the car and film a couple hard stops.

I'll take pictures of old versus new when i swap them out tonight.
        1987 325i Convertible

Comment

I didn't get a good picture but the new mounts appeared to be about 4mm taller than the 30 year-old one i removed. I'm guessing they were the same height originally.
          1987 325i Convertible

Comment

Working...
          X