Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E36 style Cold Air Intake behind front bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The E65 airbox was too big so now gotta try the E32 or E34 airboxes. If you happen to have a spare one to donate for R&D let me know.

Comment

Keep in mind that the longer the intake tube, the harder the engine has to work to pull air in, negating any effects of colder air. The shorter the better.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
        Just remember the closer you get your intake to the outside the closer it is to a ton of water when you hit a big puddle.

What exactly are you trying to achieve with this CAI setup? If it were me i would adapt your m50 to a stock m20 airbox.
        I will look into the m20 airbox. It would be an improvement, but ideally it would still need a snorkel to get some fresh air. I am not trying to make it lower, just colder for efficiency. I have experience driving thru flooded streets, the main issue with hydrolocking occurs when you WOT thru deep water.

Comment

Dorkel or go home.

Make it giant for the ram- air effekt.

t
          Dinan V1 intake for the E46 sucked air from inside the LF wheel well.
          Any power gains were soon negated by pumping losses as the dust and
          grit machined the engine to second overbore....
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Yeah the lower it goes the more dirt and water it sucks up. I don't have enough room with the ABS system to put anything down there unless I cut into the frame and not gonna do that.

Comment

Working...
            X