New E30 owner help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New E30 owner help

So I got an 84 325e, really nice car and price so I go to start it up and all the lights on the dash and the overhead are on but it wouldn't turn over, so I looked at my dash and see 3 to 4 green lights to which I assume that it's the battery I jump it with my other car and starts up fine any idea why guys, oh and I have a keyless entry that looks like it's been installed aftermarket cause the key fob says python. So installed wonder, would that kill the battery in my car car ? It trys to lock my car when I have say the trunk or a car door open...I'd what else to put...any speculation or ideas would be awesome .

Dead battery. Betcha.

Battery connections that have fur all over them,
    and aren't really connections.

Grounds that aren't grounding.

uneeeda meter.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Get yourself a Bentley Manual. There is a lot of information that you need to learn before playing with the car. The green lights are inspection light, e.g. it tells you a PM interval such as oil change.

Comment

battery was dead, had enough juice to turn on the lights but not the starter motor. As stated above the green lights have nothing to do with the battery its basically just a mileage counter.

There are tests to find out where your battery is draining from. Common options are glovebox flashlight (if its still there), radio memory, that alarm could be a culprit, make sure you don't leave anything plugged into the cigarette lighter because that is always hot. Otherwise there is a short somewhere that is siphoning power at all times.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
        X