1986 m20 eta a/c compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 m20 eta a/c compressor

I’ve looked through a ton of a/c retrofit threads.... I’m still confused on what compressor to run.... the rest of the system has been upgraded just trying to see what model/brand compressor I need... and if I need a new mounting bracket for it? Please let me know thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want a true r134 compressor rather than an r12 compressor with 134 compatible seals, both seltec and sanden make one, but yes, you will need a mounting bracket and they are very much NLA
    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
    Alice the Time Capsule
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

On my eta, I went to a lined hose set up and just rebuilt the stock compressor with the new seals. Also switched to a parallel flow condenser and it ran cold all last summer and is cold again this summer.
      ————(OO≣[][]≣OO)————
      86 325e sedan, black on black 5 speed
      90 325i sedan, black on natural 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by gunsnbacon View Post
        On my eta, I went to a lined hose set up and just rebuilt the stock compressor with the new seals. Also switched to a parallel flow condenser and it ran cold all last summer and is cold again this summer.

I just rebuilt the stock compressor with the r134a seals, replaced the expansion valve and charged the system but my interior vent temp doesn’t seem very cold... my aux fan is engaging/everything is functioning correctly just not very cold vent temps, I have my low side up at 46psi my hi side is 230 @idle....at first I charged only 330grams of r134a and it puts my low side at 36psi but I felt that was too little refrigerant so I added an additional 600 grams at it pulled me up to the 46/230..... I guess my question I ask is how much refrigerant did you use? I do plan on installing a new parallel flow a/c condenser with new lines in the very near future, just trying to get something to hold me over, any advice on refrigerant amount is appreciated, thanks

Comment

Did the conversion myself few weeks ago. From what I can tell, most replacement parts are r134 parts already.

I replaced parallel flow condenser, expansion valve, evaporator, receiver drier with updated pressure switch, ac compressor and both lines going into it.

As far as the compressor goes, I bought this
          eEuroparts.com is the premier supplier of European auto parts for SAAB, BMW, Volvo, VW, Audi, Mercedes, and other European car brands. Since 2000.

No different mounts needed and bolts right in, as it is oe remanufactured.
          Used the sib and filled with 1.98lbs of r134.

Results:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X