Suspension allignment and related woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension allignment and related woes

I put on bilstein sports and h&r sports recently. How do you know if you need a suspension allignment? Also, i put on my +40 offset :roll: wheels with 10 mm spacers. The spacers work fine, and I only rub when I'm cranked all the way. Anyway, a clicking noise comes from the front after driving for a bit, and speeds up when I speed up. What the hell?

97 Cosmos M3

the only adjustment you can make to E30 suspension is front toe, unless you have aftermarket parts such as camber plates or eccentric bushings. Toe won't make your car pull funny or anything but if you're toed out a bit too much your handling will be a bit darty. I know my car could use a bit more toe in but it's been fine, 10k on the suspension and I never got an alignment because there's nothing to align! :)

that said, it can't hurt to have it checked out, you might find out you have a severely bent strut or subframe or the like.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

When you lower, you'll gain a bit of toe out due to the change in geometry. My car was a little darty at speed after lowering...had a local alignment guy reset the toe, and all was well. You could probably do it with a tape measure yourself!

Comment

Working...
      X