Fuel Injector Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Injector Removal

I've searched this topic but I didn't find an answer to this...

I am at the point where the injectors are free from the intake manifold but I can't get the fuel rail out.

What is the best way to get the fuel rail out to replace the injectors.

Thanks
    Paul Q
    89 325ic

hrmm

I removed the injectors while they were still under the intake manifold, i just got a long 1/4 inch extension peice and put pressure on the sides of the injectors untill they popped out. I then pulled out the FPR and slid the fuel rail out.

For installation, i installed the 4 right most injectors (not the two closest to the firewall) and was able to slide the fuel rail in with those 4 injectors all the way in. I was then able to install the final 2 injectors rather painlessly.

Comment

pull up on the fuel rail.. that's all you really have to do. the injectors will either pop out of the manifold, or they will pop out of the fuel rail.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I already have the injectors out of the manifold but still in the fuel rail.

I just can't get the fuel rail to come out (I've unattached the fuel lines from the fuel rail).

I'll try to work it all the way out again, otherwise, I was thinking about removing the 2 fuel injectors closest to the fuel regulator to see if that would help me get the rest of the fuel rail out.

Thanks
        Paul Q

Comment

there's not much room to work with in there I know, but that's how it is. :)
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
          X