Head studs for turbo m20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head studs for turbo m20

I ordered the head gasket and everything else i need to fix my head. I just need to know where/what i need in terms of head studs. I don't know anything about this so i am going to need some detailed info.

Ps. I am ordering pistons tomorrow for the 2.8....then the turbo will come with time....

you'll need to order low compression pistons for the turbo.. wich will give you shitty performance w/o a turbo. just wondering, what pistons are your getting and what compression are you plannign on running?

Comment

planning on basically the same setup matt has. i understand it will not run as well with low comp pistons. It won't be that long until i can start getting turbo parts, just a while while i break in the engine and stuff. There is plenty of down time where i can make money to order turbo parts. I do plan a to run a bit less boost than matt though.....should i go for a bit higher compression ratio?

I am kinda in a hurry to get the pistons ordered because it takes a while for them to make them. I can't stand not driving my car so the sooner the better.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcDave
        planning on basically the same setup matt has. i understand it will not run as well with low comp pistons. It won't be that long until i can start getting turbo parts, just a while while i break in the engine and stuff. There is plenty of down time where i can make money to order turbo parts. I do plan a to run a bit less boost than matt though.....should i go for a bit higher compression ratio?

I am kinda in a hurry to get the pistons ordered because it takes a while for them to make them. I can't stand not driving my car so the sooner the better.
        if you are planing to run at max 10 PSI if is or not the case, then I suggest you leave the stock CR that is 8.8:! , it's good and enough for that boost.
        Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

what does 10 psi translate into HP wise? I think that is probably about where i'd want to be. Perhaps 8:8 would be better.

Comment

what does 10 psi translate into HP wise? I think that is probably about where i'd want to be. Perhaps 8:8 would be better.
            dunno, bimmejim made a dyno run, made 241 RWHP @ 10.5-11 PSI or so...that's arround 260 HP I think...
            Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

okay and he had a 2.5 and i'll have a 2.8 so i think i should probably get a bit higher compression than what matt did. he got his pistons from ireland engineering i'll call them today and see what they have to say.

Comment

okay and he had a 2.5 and i'll have a 2.8 so i think i should probably get a bit higher compression than what matt did. he got his pistons from ireland engineering i'll call them today and see what they have to say.
                yeah good luck, your engine will rock!! :twisted:

Comment

i hope...its going to be a while til its done though...which is depressing, but it gives me time to fix all the stupid little things that are wrong with it.

head studs anyone or should i just use the stock head bolts.

Comment

is this what you were looking for?

________
                    Problems from zoloft
                    Last edited by ///M42 sport; 04-30-2011, 04:40 PM.
                    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

try venolia pistons. tehy have pretty good prices.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport
                        is this what you were looking for?

http://www.raceware-fasteners.com/prod01.htm
                        yes, although i didn't know they were that expensive. i guess we'll see how the money works out.

Comment

I run 9 psi and get 290HP and 310lbs trq
                          no need for low compression pistons..

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCip
                            I run 9 psi and get 290HP and 310lbs trq
                            no need for low compression pistons..
                            so, I should be doing something like that with 9 PSi too?

what turbo setup do yuo have? I'm curious

Comment

It's all about having controlled combustion, the original pistons can handle it. At least use a good piggy-back system or replace the entire ECU with something that gives you total control. Use an EGT gauge and wide-band lambda if you really want to have the best power without sacrificing stability. If you didn't understand what I just said, you need to
                              study. The better the design of the system (wastegate, IC, dump, manifolds) the less boost you have to run to achieve a given power.
                              In stock form, 1 bar is too much in my opinion.. 0.5 bar (7.25 psi) is not a problem and gives you a healthy power increase, and is what I would run. But if you don't have control over fuel and ignition.. you can destroy any engine with detonation.

The shape of the combustion chamber formed by the M20-head and pistons are not safe for high pressure forced induction and you risk detonation if you increase pressures too much, it needs pistons shaped for forced induction and some head work to decrease the risk. The M50 engine has a better shape in the stock combustion chamber and has less chance of detonation. This is what I've read on swedish racing forums..

Comment

Working...
                              X