325ix drivers side rattle rear, Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325ix drivers side rattle rear, Help!

Alright for the past three months i have owned the car, i have this strange rattle that i have narrowed down to the rear drivers side. It is a "tink tink tink" sound, like metal on metal. It seems to be on any medium to large pothole, or imperfection, and the faster i am traveling, the longer it will rattle, maybe longest 1-2 seconds.

I have completely isolated the exhaust as that was rattling, Then i thought it was the shock, one of the metal collars rusted away, and i snipped it off, and now the plastic cover is just flopping around, but slamming that around doesnt replicate the sound. I recently replaced the rear parking brakes, and dont think that is the cause. I am open to any suggestions. The right side is flawless, going over that side with a pothole doesnt make any sounds, it is completely isolated to the drivers rear, anything i should check?

Upper shock mount?

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

yup, ripped everything out of the trunk, and that was it, saw the shock inside trunk. I dont know how i didnt see this..

Comment

Working...
      X