How to Turn Off Auto Locking Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Turn Off Auto Locking Doors

That's right. I have automatically locking doors on my car. :) Which has really started to annoy me. At first, it would lock as soon as the car was set into motion. Pretty neat little quirk. Then it became more persistent and would lock as soon as the car started. It would also lock themselves shortly after the door was shut, ie leaving the car. The thought occurred to me that this may cause an electrical drain.?

I quickly became sick of my little 'quirk'. My drivers door key barrel is ruined. I always used the trunk to unlock the car. Felt cool anyway. But now its to the point where I have to be quick getting to the door. I should be happy for the exercise, but its not fun with it being this cold.

I can't just remove the fuse, as a few other features are ran in unison. I could just clip the CL(central locking) but would rather fix this.

I read a DIY that went over CL that didn't work and how to correct it. But I think from other forums that it may be related to wiring in one of the doors? Any ideas.

Also... I need a good DIY for tracing bad circuits/shorts. High Beams won't work, blows fuses instantly. I know how to check continuity, but can I order BMW color matched wires and run an entire new system? I needs tips for tracing this back.

I know its a long thread, but its been a while for me.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

That is actually a common feature on alarm and keyless entry systems. You may want to look for a module and disable the feature. Pull the central locking and look for splices on the lock/unlock wires. If present, they will lead you to the module.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
      That is actually a common feature on alarm and keyless entry systems. You may want to look for a module and disable the feature. Pull the central locking and look for splices on the lock/unlock wires. If present, they will lead you to the module.
      Its not a keyless system. Its my e30. :nice:
      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Working...
      X