;hn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

;hn

89 325i, my question is that my car idles fine and sounds great but when it is revved it almost bogs out but then comes back, it drops maybe a couple 100 rpms and right back to its regular idle.

second thing is at 80mph or 150 kmh the car just shuts off, quite frightening my question is maybe fuel system or governor that is on there by the last owner where it cuts out at 80 mph.

any ideas or help is appreciated, cheers

Originally posted by EbzyyE30 View Post
    second thing is at 80mph or 150 kmh the car just shuts off,
    After it shuts off, what does it take to restart? Does it restart right away or do you have to let it sit for awhile? If you have to let it sit awhile, my guess would be junk in the fuel tank clogging the pump pick up sock. You would have to pull the in-tank pump and take a look.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Originally posted by EbzyyE30 View Post
      89 325i, my question is that my car idles fine and sounds great but when it is revved it almost bogs out but then comes back, it drops maybe a couple 100 rpms and right back to its regular idle.

second thing is at 80mph or 150 kmh the car just shuts off, quite frightening my question is maybe fuel system or governor that is on there by the last owner where it cuts out at 80 mph.

any ideas or help is appreciated, cheers
      Sounds as if the engine runs lean until the idle circuit takes back over. I have had a hard time finding any answers on how to test the air flow meters. Here is a good place to start: http://hiperformancestore.com/motronic.htm

Comment

Check fuel pressure.

At speed, if need be.

On an 89, there is no speed- related limiter.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
        X