Garagistic rear poly shift bush loose in carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garagistic rear poly shift bush loose in carrier

Per mfgr I burned out stock rubber, pushed in Garagistic poly, dimpled the carrier with a center punch and still find the bush loose. I can push it out with modest finger pressure, which makes sense as that is how I installed it. I have replaced a good many dozen bushings and unless they are mechanically restrained they almost almost go in with a vise or hydraulic press.

I can dimple the housing more aggressively but want to ask the forums experience with same.

Garagistic Aluminum/Delrin Front Carrier Bushing (ROUND) - K0274 Please Note: One bushing might fit different the other bushing. Click here to learn why.     Product Overview If you're into overkill, you will love our aluminum round shifter carrier bushings. They are basically just like our Garagistic Delrin carrier un

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5414.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	7255192
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5444.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	7255193

Originally posted by r-mm View Post
    Per mfgr I burned out stock rubber, pushed in Garagistic poly, dimpled the carrier with a center punch and still find the bush loose. I can push it out with modest finger pressure, which makes sense as that is how I installed it. I have replaced a good many dozen bushings and unless they are mechanically restrained they almost almost go in with a vise or hydraulic press.

I can dimple the housing more aggressively but want to ask the forums experience with same.

Garagistic Aluminum/Delrin Front Carrier Bushing (ROUND) - K0274 Please Note: One bushing might fit different the other bushing. Click here to learn why.     Product Overview If you're into overkill, you will love our aluminum round shifter carrier bushings. They are basically just like our Garagistic Delrin carrier un

[ATTACH]127298[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]127299[/ATTACH]
    Hello! Give us a call or email and we will walk you through securing the bushing. Thanks!

Comment

Hi - I did email you before posting actually. Write me back there? Thanks.

Comment

If the little dot on the top in your first picture is your dimple, that is no where near enough. It needs to be big enough to dent in the ID of the housing or else it won't do anything.

Comment

Not a garagistic bushing. I ran zip ties around it and then zip tied those zip ties together. The black smudge is grease. My carrier is different because it's for an ix. This is my rallycross ix. Lots of abuse, held up fine. I tried putting a screw through it to hold it and tried gluing it. Zip ties are the solution that worked.

AWD > RWD

Comment

Maybe try some loctite on it as well as the dimpling. Green would be the ideal type but red would work fine too.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Solved by both filing knob at rear of alum carrier all the way off and a ring of jb weld around the rear perim of the poly insert. Later was mfgrs suggestion.

Comment

Working...
              X