BMW E30 Vert Garagistic Cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW E30 Vert Garagistic Cage

Not quite sure where this belongs, but I was wondering about buying a Garagistic Convertible Roll bar for my '91 E30 318ic. I've read on a few different forum sites, including this one, that generally say that putting a roll bar in a vert isn't necessarily worth it. And that the BMW CCA, and some tracks or AutoX events won't let convertibles drive without a proper full cage I believe. (I'm in the Michiana Chapter if that makes a difference.) My main questions though are:

1.Will I be able to track the car with or without this roll bar?

2.Is a roll bar worth it in a convertible? My thought is that it will stiffen the chassis up, although it might raise the center of gravity, and will add weight.

3.This roll bar looks like it goes through the rear speaker inserts, is there any way to either relocate the speakers or move them forward?

I understand that there isn't much point in putting a roll bar in a vert, my main reason is that I'd like to take it to AutoX and Track events, but for it still to be usable for street stuff. Also, I think it would look pretty cool.

This is the link to the page to buy the roll cage:
    Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

Another question I have is if I get the cage, would it be okay to buy a racing harness to keep me strapped in and work with the Stock Sport seat?

Any suggestions or tips helps, thanks.
    Last edited by e30_jake; 04-25-2019, 02:49 PM.

Take whatever parts you can off the convertible.

Sell it.

Buy a coupe. Install the parts. Done

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
      Buy a coupe. Done
      This...

And then drive the convertible to church on Sundays.

Comment

The only reason I asked is because there aren't any E30 coupes around me, I know of a 87-89 325ix sedan, but it's clapped out, the only coupe I know of is a 89 325is coupe, but it hit a pole 4-5 years ago and its pretty much totaled. Both sellers are asking a bit much. And it would take alot more time and money to fix them up to race.

Comment

Working...
        X